Welcome to our third installment of our blog series - Home Projects You Can Do While Sheltering in Place. Each of these blogs will include tips on how to complete a specific project in your home without having to venture out for any supplies. Last week we focused on organizing your kitchen pantry. This week we have put together a 10 step Deep Clean List.
Many of you have probably already started your spring cleaning around your home. Some homeowners have meticulous cleaning habits year-round, but let’s be honest, there are usually some tasks that get overlooked or we simply don’t do as often. That’s what this list is for! Complete this list of deep cleaning chores to get rid of hidden dust and give your home some extra sparkle and shine.
- Clean your floor and ceiling vents and baseboards. Unscrew vents to vacuum the covers and the interior of the vents. Vacuum your baseboards, then wipe clean if necessary.
- Vacuum under your beds, dressers, sofas, and area rugs.
- Clean out your bathroom vanity cabinets and drawers. Remove all contents, vacuum and wipe clean, then replace everything that you would like to keep and throw away old or expired items.
- Clean lamps and light fixtures. Dust and replace burned out light bulbs.
- Vacuum drapes and other window treatments. If they can be machine washed, follow instructions for washing.
- Deep clean your small appliances like coffee makers, blenders, toasters, and microwaves.
- Clean your ceiling fans.
- Wipe down your interior doors. Pay close attention to area by the door knobs.
- Vacuum under and behind your major appliances like your refrigerator, stove, washing machine, and dryer. Don’t try to move these on your own, ask for help.
- Clean your television and computer monitor screens.
Finish the list? Congratulations! Be sure to come back next week to check out our next home project to complete while sheltering in place. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!