The lower level in your home can be used to create all types of unique living spaces. One of the things to keep in mind when thinking about a lower level basement remodel are the distinct qualities that this space can offer that other areas of your home may not: quiet, privacy and less light. You can use these qualities to your advantage to get creative with the space.
Consider one of these five unique lower level basement remodeling projects for your home.
- Bar/Lounge – Your lower level bar can be designed to suit your every need. How about a full-size seated bar with large flat screens TVs plus space for a pool table, air hockey or foosball?
- Indoor sports room – Consider incorporating a space to play your favorite sport indoors: putting greens, soccer rooms, mini basketball courts, or a climbing wall for the kids.
- Recording studio – Build a soundproof space to practice with your band or record your own music.
- Fitness studio – Save money on a gym membership by designing your own fitness studio in your lower level. Install a sprung floor for aerobics or dance workouts, add a treadmill and weight machines. Create a space for yoga. You name it!
- Wine cellar – The darkness of a lower level and naturally cooler temperature makes it a perfect space to create a wine cellar. Wine lovers will love having the space to store their collection.