Are you in need of a home office remodel?
Today, every home has a need for some type of home office space. The type and size of the space varies depending on how and who needs to use it. Fortunately, there are many ways to accommodate home office space in your home and we’ve compiled a list of questions to help you discover some of those options.
First, you should answer these questions about your home office remodeling needs.
1. How will your home office be used?
• To work from home
• To conduct business meetings
• To manage my family life: paying bills, sorting mail, maintaining schedules, storing household paperwork
• To house my main computer for internet use
• As a homework or research area
2. How often and for what duration of time will it be used?
• Daily for 4 hours or more at a time
• Daily for short periods of time
• Sporadically a few days a week
3. Who needs to use the space?
• One adult
• Two adults
• Children only
• The whole family
4. What does my home office need to accommodate?
• Computer, monitor, printer
• File cabinets
• Book shelves
• Table and chairs for meetings
• Reading chair(s)
• White board
Now that you have a clearer understanding of your needs, here are some of home office remodel options you can consider:
• Convert an existing bedroom, sitting room, or other underutilized or unused space to an office.
• Remodel your basement or attic to create an open or closed room home office.
• Build an addition either adjoining or above an existing floor.
• Incorporate an area in your kitchen. Desk spaces can be designed to blend with your kitchen cabinets and countertops.
• Create a niche in your living room to create a cozy spot for a small desk and computer.
• Remodel the space under your stairs
Thompson Remodeling has created a variety of home office remodel projects for our clients. We take the time to understand our client’s needs so that we can design beautiful and functional remodeled spaces that they love.