We enjoy reading about new trends in materials to get fresh ideas and inspiration for remodeling projects we are designing for clients. Coverings is the largest international conference for the stone and tile industry. Last month, as sneak preview to the annual event that will be held this July in Orlando, a panel of experts announced the top 10 tile trends from around the world. Here’s a peek at the latest innovative tile designs that were presented. Maybe you’ll see something that speaks to you!
- Flecked – Tile featuring flecks of colors in variety of shapes and sizes, from fine to chunky.
Venice Villa, Iris US – Tile Council of North America
- Green – All shades of green in a variety of textures as a way of bringing the outdoors inside.
Metallica, Viva (Color: Green Lux) – Ceramics of Italy
- Soft Textures – Tiles with subtle texturing is another trend with nod towards connecting to nature.
Metropoli, Vives – Tile of Spain
- High Gloss – Bring on the shine and add lots of reflection to flooring or a backsplash.
Lyon, Porcelanite Dos – Tile of Spain
- Veining – Tiles that mimics marble with either thin river-like veins or more exaggerated angular ones.
Marmi Maximum, Fiandre (Color: Invisible) – Tile Council of North America
- Extra Large – As large as 5.25 by 10.5 feet to create beautiful seamless looks.
Keynote, Fondovalle – Ceramics of Italy
- Biophilia – Printed tiles that look like natural materials, vegetation, or nature views.
Berlin Collection, Dune – Tile of Spain
- Large Hexagonal – Some as large as 2 feet in diameter!
Construct, Interceramic – Tile Council of North America
- Concrete Lookalikes – In patterns of all shapes and colors designed to look like a concrete tile.
Materica, Ceramiche Caesar – Ceramics of Italy
- Muted tones – Soft blues and greens. Cement Block, Portobello America (Color: Aquamarine) – Tile Council of North America