Recently, we’ve noticed that homeowners are looking to make their master bedroom a bit more functional, taking them beyond just a space for sleeping. Maybe you’d like a place to read or watch some tv, or perhaps you’d like a private entrance to an outdoor patio. Some of these design details can even transform a bedroom into more of a master suite living room. That sounds like a great place to start or end your day!
1. A fireplace. Bring warmth and coziness into your master suite with a wood burning or gas fireplace. In this remodel, the tile surround and wood mantel add fantastic visual interest that blends perfectly with the paint color used on the trim and doors.
2. A barn door. This is another great detail that is both functional and beautiful. Instead of using a standard or pocket door for your bathroom or closet entrance, consider a barn door. Here, we utilized a natural finish, rustic style barn door to lead into the new en-suite bathroom.
3. Unexpected windows. Of course you should have windows in your master bedroom, but adding one that's unexpected creates a new focal point. Here, we've added a long, rectangular window high above the bed. Its placement maintains privacy while bringing in some additional natural light.
4. Custom built-in cabinetry. Instead of shopping for several pieces of furniture to satisfy your storage needs for clothing, have your remodeler design custom built-ins for your bedroom. This one has a custom piece that does the job of a dresser and television cabinet.
5. A vanity. For those who prefer to sit and get ready for the day outside of the bathroom, a vanity is a great solution. With plenty of light and enough storage for make-up and hair accessories and appliances, this vanity space can be used daily. It can also double as a desk area!
At the end of a long day, it’s nice to have a master bedroom where you can relax and get away from it all. If you are thinking about updating yours to make it more functional, please contact us. We're ready to help create a space that you would love to come home and wake up to in the morning!