Is Your Master Bedroom Ready for a Makeover?
Your master bedroom isn’t just for sleeping. It’s the place where you start and end each day. So, why not make it as relaxing and functional as possible? Thompson Remodeling has compiled a list of six questions we use to help clients think through the type of space they want to create in their master bedrooms.
Review these questions to determine if your master bedroom is meeting your needs.
1. Are you maximizing your view? If your bedroom overlooks a lake, backyard or other picturesque space you should be maximizing that view with large windows or perhaps even a small porch.
2. Could you use more lighting? Bring more warmth and light into your bedroom by adding windows, skylights, or recessed lighting.
3. Do you need a sitting room or office area? If you do a lot of reading or work before bed consider creating a space to do to so instead of balancing all your books, papers and laptops while lying in bed.
4. Do you watch TV in the bedroom? If the answer is yes, what is your current setup? Could you benefit from a built in to house the TV and other equipment rather than taking up precious floor space?
5. Is your closet and storage space adequate? Your closet should always be considered when remodeling your bedroom. Now’s the time to enlarge it and make it more functional.
6. Does your bathroom meet your current needs? If you share your bathroom with someone else you should consider a double vanity, separate toilet room, and a storage cabinet for toiletries and linens. You may also want to consider a walk-in shower or soaking tub, or both!
If you find that your bedroom isn’t meeting your needs, please contact Thompson Remodeling. We’d be happy to help you create a master bedroom that you will love!