Bathrooms may be the smallest rooms in your home, but they’re also the most used by both your family and your guests. This is why bathroom remodels top the list of many homeowners’ wish lists. Designing small spaces can be challenging. Bathrooms in particular require a layout that maximizes functionality and careful selection of materials and finishes the best suit the owner’s preferences. Focal points are an important part of every renovation design, especially in bathrooms. They are the details that create visual interest and anchor points for your aesthetic choices.
One thing we love about designing a bathroom remodel is identifying opportunities for focal points. If you are looking for some ideas or inspiration for your own remodel, take a look at these 5 examples.
- Tile detailsThe star of this master bath remodel is the beautiful mosaic tiles used in the backsplash, shower accent, and shower floor. The blend of blues, ambers, and browns gives the room a beachy feel.
- VanitiesFurniture style vanities provide perfect focal points in all size bathrooms. From traditional styles in rich woods to modern floating vanities with clean lines, choose one that best fits your preferences.
- LightingWe transformed this bath from cramped and dated to classically modern and grand. By smartly selecting materials and finishes like the oil rubbed bronze industrial lights, we were able to combine classic and modern aesthetics and also stay within their budget
- Vessel sinksThese vessel sinks are like a pieces of modern art sitting atop the vanity. Their curves balance nicely with the straight lines of the floating vanity.
- Free-standing tubsA European style clawfoot tub serves as the point of inspiration and sets the tone for a relaxing atmosphere in this master bathroom.
Interested in finding more inspiration for your bathroom remodel? Check out our bathroom galleries!