You’ve heard me say it before but here are 5 steps that will take you 5 minutes to complete. Give yourself increased A/C efficiency:
5 Steps to Cleaning Your A/C Condenser
- Turn off the power at the electrical panel or remove the “key” fuse on the gray box outside.
- Cut away anything growing over it that restricts air flow.
- Rinse the radiator fins with a hose (dust, dirt, grass clippings, fuzz, leaves reduce its ability to evaporate water efficiently). You can also use brush to gently remove debris while not damaging the fins.
- Turn on the power.
- Repeat seasonally.
- Change your air filter monthly in peak heating & cooling seasons. Restricted air flow is the #1 cause of HVAC service calls.
- Only professionals should install an A/C unit.
- Running the “Fan On” setting will help stabilize the temperature in your home.
- If no A/C – open the windows in the early AM to pre-cool the house for the day.