Does your kitchen look dated? Could it use some updates to make it more functional? Just like any other room in our house, as time passes it may need a bit of sprucing up. With as much time as we spend in the kitchen, you want it to be visually pleasing and user-friendly. To help, we’ve put together a list of updates that you can implement with a relatively small investment.
12 Updates to Spruce Up Your Kitchen
- New Hardware. Replace your existing drawer pulls and cabinet knobs with new ones. You’ll be surprised at how different your cabinets will look.
- Paint. Paint is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to change the look of a room. Pick a bold color or a shade that you love and paint one accent wall.
- Lighting. Replace existing lighting or add new fixtures. Add a few pendant lights over your island or a single fixture over your sink.
- New appliances. Old appliances can really date your kitchen. Not only that, but they may be inefficient. If you can’t afford to replace them all at one time, we suggest starting with the refrigerator as it has the most visual impact.
- Installing a beautiful backsplash in your kitchen will create a focal point and protect your walls as well. There are a wide variety of materials available to suit all types of styles and budgets.
- New sink & faucet. Upgrading your sink and faucet will not only make your kitchen look better, but will make the chef and chief dishwasher in your family really happy.
- Get organized. Purchase organizers for your drawers, cabinets and pantry. Consider installing roll out shelves to make finding things much easier. This is a good time to purge old items as well.
- Bring some personality into your kitchen by adding artwork or accessorizing with jars, vases, or other containers that can do double duty as storage.
- Window treatments. Swap out an old window treatment with something new. This is a great place to bring in some color.
- Add rugs. Protect your wood floors and add some visual interest with an area rug and runner.
- New bar stools. If you have a space for seating in your kitchen, purchase some new bar stools.
- Add shelving. Exposed storage is a very popular kitchen trend. If you have some blank wall space consider adding a few shelves for storage or displaying décor.
When your kitchen needs major updates such as a reconfiguration, new cabinetry and countertops or an enlargement, call Thompson Remodeling. Our kitchen remodeling expertise spans 33 years and we would love to collaborate with you to create your dream kitchen.